"A word is defined as a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages."
• The Oxford English Dictionary lists over 250,000 distinct words.
• The longest word in the English language, according to the Oxford English Dictionary, is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.
• The dot over the letter 'i' is called a tittle.
• Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
• "Queueing" is the only word with five consecutive vowels.
• There aren't any words that rhyme with orange, purple, silver, or month.
• The highest scoring word in the game Scrabble is "quartzy".
• James Joyce made up nine 101-letter words in his novel "Finnegan's Wake", the most famous of which is Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronn- tonnerronntuonnthunntrovarrhounawnskawntoo- hoohoordenenthurnuk.
After your course we won't leave you hanging. If you forget something you covered, call us and one of our expert trainers will get you back up and running.
At the end of the course you'll be provided with comprehensive course notes to use when you get back to the office. You also receive a certificate of attendence.
Skills videos, tutorials and articles created by our expert trainers are regularly posted on our site. These will keep you inspired and help polish your skills.
Want us to send tutorials and discounts to you every month without lifting a finger? Subscribe with your email address below and we'll keep you in the loop.