This is a one day course for writers who need to write reviews whatever the subject.
Whether you are new to review and test writing, or a more experienced review writer who wants to refresh and sharpen your copy, you will benefit from this course.
The course is run on a private basis so we are able to tailor the content to your current knowledge level and base the exercises on your review.
It is highly recommended that delegates bring examples of their own work - published or in progress - for discussion with the trainer during the course.
You need no previous experience to attend this course.
The Role of the Reviewer
• Balanced and authoritative reporting
• Consistent and responsible testing
• Working with product specifications
• Keeping the product in context
Keeping the reader in mind
• What readers want and need from reviews
• How a reader will use your review
• Verdicts and take-aways
• Visual impact: boxes and bullet points
Style and Tone
• The review as a 'feature'
• Writing a cracking intro for your review
• Reflecting the voice of the brand or publication
• Information vs entertainment
• Making technical detail accessible
• Keeping criticism fair and contextual
Formats and Structures
• Working creatively within templates
• Planning the review
• Prioritising information
• Telling the story
• Condensing a product down to its essence
• The art of the 50-word review
• Avoiding common legal risks
• Fair comment
• Examples of reviews that went wrong
• A checklist for your review