The course will help you to operate your digital camera (SLR) and master professional photography techniques to enable to you take better pictures.
The course caters for both novices and amateur photographers and will provide the skills to unleash the power of your camera and help you to think like a photographer.
By the end of the course, you will be technically proficient with your SLR camera and have a thorough grasp of the power of visual communication.
You need no previous photography experience to attend this course.
Introduction to your SLR
• Getting the best from your camera
• Understanding the different picture formats your SLR produces
Taking and Previewing Pictures
• The power of visual imagery
• What makes a good photograph?
• Previewing your photos
• Understanding colour temperature
Using your SLR's Automatic Settings
• Using the automatic functions, landscape, portrait, night-time settings etc
Understanding and Using Aperture Settings to Take a Better Picture
• How aperture settings affect the picture you take
• Reviewing the photos you have taken with different aperture settings
• Changing the depth of field with different aperture settings
Changing Shutter Speeds to Improve a Picture
• How shutter speed settings affect your image
• Capturing movement with different shutter speeds
• Reviewing the photos you have taken with different shutter speed settings
• ISO settings explained
• When to change the ISO settings on your SLR
Other Useful Camera Features
• Improving indoor pictures by setting the white balance
• Bracketing your shots to take multiple shots
• Controlling contrast in pictures