Email-shots have the power to change behaviours. Get them right and your readers will buy your products and services, ask for your advice, subscribe, upgrade their membership, or visit your website.
This course will provide you with the tools to write must-read sales emails that command attention, from the subject line right down to the ultimate call to action.
This public scheduled course can also be booked on a private company basis which allows you to work on your own email-shots during the day.
No previous experience is required.
• The benefits of email-shots: cost-effectiveness, volume, reach and links
• Why some email-shots work and why some don’t
• How people respond to email-shots, and how to second guess their reactions
Defining your email-shot goals
• Who are your target audience?
• What do you want to achieve?
• Defining your message
• When to send your email-shot
• Why the subject line is so important
• Dodging the spam filter: words and phrases to avoid
• How to maximise the chances of a reader opening your email
Writing impact grabbing headlines
• The importance of a headline
• How readers read emails
• Why your headline must lead with key words and benefits
• The differences between print and email-shot headlines
• Using headline length and word order for maximum impact
Writing body copy that sells
• Identifying your big idea
• Planning what to include and what to leave out
• Choosing the right structure
• Using sentence and paragraph structures to make your e-shot compelling
• Creating the right tone and voice
• Deciding whether to make it personal or use the scattergun approach
• Building your copy from the top down
• Using bullet points and lists
• Editing your email-shots
Working with images
• Choosing the right images for maximum impact
• Faces: when to use the personalized approach
• Keeping images relevant and avoiding irritating gimmicks
Before you send
• Proofreading your email-shot
• Checking the basics: date, subscriptions and contact details