Many companies use blogs as an essential part of their digital marketing strategy to humanise brands and to drive new traffic to their website.
This one day Blogging for Business course is designed to help you define your goals, create a short and long term strategy for your blog, and teach you how and what to blog about - vital skills if your blog is to be a success.
There are no pre-course requirements.
• Introduction to blogging
• Blogs as a marketing and sales tool
• The different formats of blogs
• The difference between blogging and journalism
• How a blog can benefit your company or organisation
Defining your company’s blogging goals
• Who is your audience?
• What defines a business blog?
• Why will they want to read your blog?
• Spotting opportunities
• Humanising your brand
The importance of keywords
• What are keywords and why are they important?
• How to choose your keywords
• Choosing vital marketing keywords and phrases
Writing your blog
• Components of a business blog
• Writing a post
• Writing with authority
• How to incorporate keywords and key phrases within your writing
• Developing a strategy for your content
• Blogging hints and tips
• Adding video and audio to your blog
• Archives and feeds
• Keeping it simple
Connecting with your audience
• Sending invites to your blog
• Creating polls
• Inviting comments and replying to them
• Getting audience feedback
• How much information should I post?
The importance of blogs in digital marketing
• Search engine optimisation
• Using blogs to build profile and market share
• Attracting new visitors and readers
• Using site statistics to understand your readers